Why is having a clean spa filter important? There are two main reasons we tell our customers;
1. A dirty filter restricts the water flow putting un-needed stress on your spa equipment.
2. Spa filtration is a key element in keeping your spa water clean and aids in keeping the water balanced.
No matter how your filter “looks” it should be replaced every year and more frequently under heavy spa usage, or if filter has not been maintained.
The Spa Doctor recently replaced a filter that looked like this!
The filter is made of a fibrous material. And over time this material breaks down and allows larger particles and debris to pass through which can cause havoc on your plumbing and equipment. Repairing plumbing and equipment is more costly than an annual expense of replacing a filter.
This customer now has a nice, new spa filter that looks like this!
If your filter is less than a year old and you can’t get it clean – i.e. does it look clean to you? Then put in a new one.
Take a look at your spa filter and specifically these areas to gauge how dirty your spa filter is;
1. The center part of the filter to see if the core has loosened
2. The pleats to be sure they are still pleated and not wide open. If they appear loose or the pleats of the exterior are wide open, it’s time to replace the filter
3. Check to see if the end caps are cracked, brittle, or discolored.
Replacing a spa filter is one of the very basic and easiest things to do to keep your spa in great working order. Good filtration is very important to the maintenance of your hot tub and ongoing enjoyment.
Unsure if your filter needs to be changed? Call The Spa Doctor today and we would be happy to discuss our drain and detail or monthly services that will keep your spa filter clean, water balanced and spa equipment in good running order.
Karen Seely – The Spa Doctor